R610 Per Person
DEPARTS 8H30 – RETURNS 13H30
DEPARTS 13H30 – RETURNS 17H30
Follow the journey from the beginning of South Africa to the dark days of apartheid and into the new South Africa with all the rich culture of the people that live in this Rainbow Nation.
"While we will not forget the brutality of Apartheid, we will not want Robben Island to be a monument of our hardship and suffering. We would want it to be a symbol of the triumph of the human spirit against the forces of evil; A triumph of wisdom and largeness of spirit against small mindedness and pettiness; A triumph of courage and determination over human frailty and weakness" - Ahmed Kathrada Prisoner no: 468/64
- District Six Museum (closed on Sundays)
- Langa (oldest formal Township)
- Community school
- Walking tour
- Visit crèche / school safe haven for local children
- Shebeen (optional traditional beer tasting)
- Meet township entrepreneurs
- Local craft market, arts & crafts
- Join church service (Sundays)
Excludes lunch and fees to optional visits.